Sony Music Entertainment (Sony Music) is an American music company. The company was first founded in 1929 as American Record Corporation and renamed Columbia Recording Corporation in 1938, following its acquisition by the Columbia Broadcasting System. In 1966, the company was reorganized to become CBS Records. Sony Corporation bought the company in 1988 and renamed it Sony Music Entertainment in 1991. Sony Music’s wholly owned subsidiaries, Sony DADC and MyPlay Direct, are responsible for managing and selling the physical inventory of Music products like Cassette Tapes, CDs, and Vinyl records.
- Created and managed a series of campaigns that more than doubled social media e-commerce sales over three years for Sony’s online store, PopMarket.
- Created and managed 12 paid media campaigns over three years.
- Designed over 650 digital ads
- Worked on legendary music brands including Elvis, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Who, Talking Heads, Bruce Springsteen, AC/DC, and more.
- B2C Audience Growth.
- Content Strategy & Writing.
- Social Media Marketing.
- Creative Development.
Sony Music’s objective was to grow sales for online store PopMarket from its Facebook Page and Twitter account. Since PopMarket offers a new Flash Sale deal every day, DECOSTA’s biggest challenge was balancing new sale deals with engaging content, ensuring that PopMarket never felt like spam. With thorough analysis and exciting art direction, DECOSTA created a social media experience that engaged fans and more than doubled social media e-commerce sales over three years.